April was such a good music month. Thanks to Discover Weekly and other people’s playlists on Spotify, I was able to uncover so many great songs that I can’t wait to share with you guys. Here’s my favorite songs of April. Hope you enjoy!
- Purple by Fatai – The delivery of the lyrics by Fatai is stunning. Music to my ears.
- Dear Yoko by John Lennon – I don’t listen to a lot (or any) music from John Lennon, but when I heard this song randomly, I instantly fell in love with it.
- And It Stoned Me by Van Morrioson – I have no idea who this and I’m not going to pretend like I do. However, I really enjoyed this song and might look further into his music.
- The Letter, When You Gonna Come Back?, Tethered by Richard Walters – All of these songs are lyrically and vocally beautiful. I think I found my new favorite artist.
- My Main by Mila J – This song makes me wish I had a main bish, but oh well. It’s still pumping and I love it. I’ll be my own main.
- Chivalry Is Dead by Trevor Wesley – Really cute song.
- Sila’s Room by Smigg Dirtee – I felt like I heard this song before I heard it. Does that make sense? It’s my jam though and you can bet that I will sing along when it comes on.
- Tennyson by Adam Barnes – Beautiful voice. Beautiful song.
- Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill – I now know 2 Lauryn Hill songs! Compared to Everything is Everything, I think I like this one a little bit more. I love it when she raps.
- Turning Page, In The Embers, and North by Sleeping at Last – I cannot get enough of Sleeping At Last. I’m currently working my way through Atlas: Year One and loving every selection. In The Embers and North stuck out to me the most so far (Turning Page is not on Atlas: Year One).
- Sure Thing by Miguel – First Miguel song I’ve listened to and enjoyed. Great tune!
- Happy Home, 7 Years and Better Than Yourself(Criminal Mind Pt.2) by Lukas Graham – As soon as I heard 7 Years on the radio, I looked Lukas Graham up and made sure to check out the rest of his newest album. These 3 songs are my favorites.
- Break the Silence by Francios Mulder – Wow. Wow. Wow. This song needs to be listened to for how amazing it is!
- Chandra and Bone + Tissue by Gallant – THOSE VOCALS MAN. I’M BLOWN AWAY
- Needed Me by Rihanna – Another hit from ANTI. “Didn’t they tell you that I was a savage?”
- Sick In The Head by The Lumineers – If the only song you know by the Lumineers is “Ho Hey,” then don’t worry because me too. It wasn’t until I came across their newest album Cleopatra and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it that I looked more into their music. They have a nice vibe surrounding them and I love this song on the album.
- One Dance by Drake – Every time I hear this song, I have the urge to dance. Like I can’t just not move.
- Medicated by Wiz Khalifa ft. Chevy Woods & Juicy J – Really enjoyed this one. I’m starting to listen to more rap so yay.
- How You Love Me (Acoustic Version) by 3LAU – The melody, lyrics, entire ensemble. This is honestly such an amazing song.
- He Wants It All by Forever Jones – I heard the choir at my church sing this and immediately went on Spotify to find it. So beautiful. One of my favorite worship song.
- Lemonade by BEYONCÉ – I am going to do a track by track review on this entire album. It will be up on Friday (cross fingers), so you’ll have to wait until then to hear my detailed thoughts about it. As a whole though, I’ve had it on repeat 24/7. Thank you for blessing me B.
** Because there are over 30 songs in my april ’16 playlist, I only mentioned a selective few (the ones that stuck out to me). If you wish to listen to all the songs on the playlist (apart from Lemonade), I embedded the playlist below.
What are some of your favorite tunes from April?
Thank you for reading!