May was a pretty good music month. I discovered a lot of new tunes and re connected with some oldies. My love for music is growing each day, and posting monthly music favorites is definitely helping me search for new songs. I hope you guys enjoy this one!
- So Cold (The Good Wife trailer) by Ben Cocks feat. Nikisha Reyes-Pile – I want to do a lyrical dance number whenever I hear this song. It’s a beautiful song lyrically and I love it a lot.
- Stand In The Light by Jordan Smith – I heard this song on the iHeartRadio music awards, and was blown away by this guy’s voice. It was a splendid performance, so of course I had to add the song to my playlist.
- Sex With Me by Rihanna – Although I know nothing about this topic (awkward cough for my family members reading this), I do really like this song. It’s sensuous and tasteful and all things Rihanna is.
- Never Ending by Rihanna – I love Rihanna’s voice in this one. Angelic as always.
- Write On Me by Fifth Harmony – I enjoy Fifth Harmony’s music and this song is up there as one of my favorites by them. I extremely love the chorus. I think Lauren’s voice was perfect for that part.
- Promise by MUNA – Shoutout to Bianca8198 for having this one on her Spotify playlist! I like the pop rock girl band feel of this song.
- Ain’t Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez – I love this song so much. I dance to it and pretend to sing it to my imaginary husband. It’s just a great tune.
- L$D by A$Ap Rocky – I don’t really listen to A$Ap Rocky, but I am really diggin’ the vibe of this song (not the drugs and whatnot). Maybe you’ll catch some more tunes by him in future favorites 😉
- Uber Everywhere by Madeintyo – My little sister is obsessed with song. She knows the words and the dance that everyone does to it; it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen. This is a great song to jam to in the car.
- Empire State of Mind, Pt. II by Alicia Keys – Every time I hear this song, I mentally teleport to NYC, and I see myself strutting down the streets conquering my dreams. Alicia’s voice is so soothing and I adore this song.
- Free by Broods – I use to be OBSESSED with Broods. I even wanted to go to a concert, but sadly, that never happened. Anyways, when I saw that they had a new song out, I immediately played it and honestly, I was in love with it from the first note.
- Wicked Game by James Vincent McMorrow – I heard this on a trailer for a Harry Styles fanfiction on Wattpad. Should I be embarrassed? It’s a beautiful song and so is the Wattpad story. It’s called Wicked Games if you want to check it out!
- Solider by Destiny’s Child feat. Lil Wayne – Never heard this song before until my cousin and his girlfriend played it when they visited (shout out to Gray and Lo-Money). I absolutely love this tune. It’s another great song to jam out to in the car.
- Geronimo by Sheppard – This song is so fun! I heard it while strolling through a book store at the mall and just started jamming out in the middle of the aisle.
- She Keeps Me Warm by Mary Lambert – This song carries a beautiful message and Mary’s voice brings it together wonderfully.
- Stay by Sungerland – Those who say they hate country music NEED to listen to this. I cannot express my love for this song. It’s just absolutely amazing.
- Toothbrush by DNCE – I honestly thought that DNCE would be a one hit wonder with their song Cake By The Ocean, but I was proven wrong. Toothbrush is fantastic and the video was incredible. I believe this band is going places.
- Controlla by Drake – Quick thanks to Spotify for streaming Views so fast! Hands down, this is my favorite song off the album. I love the part where Drake says:
“And I’m never on a waste ting shorty
I do it how you say you want it
Them girls, they just wanna take my money
They don’t want me to give you nothing
They don’t want you to have nothing
They don’t wanna see me find your lovin’
They don’t wanna see me
Smiling back when they pree”
** I know I was suppose to do a track by track review of Lemonade, but I just wasn’t liking the way that it was coming together. I’m sorry about those who wanted to read my thoughts about each song, but I did like every single one of them! Don’t Hurt Yourself is my favorite!
Thank you for reading!
What are some of your favorite songs you’ve been loving currently?